Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jeff View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProClass draft vC9.1.3
    Posted: 22/Apr/2009 at 2:18pm
A draft of ProClass version C9.1.3 is now available to download at   http://forum.proclass.org.uk/call/ProClass_ Draft_vC9.1.3.xls.  When the problems with the website are resolved the file will also be linked from the home page.

Please post any comments regarding the draft in this thread by the 28th April.  Apologies for the short notice.
Jeff View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Apr/2009 at 6:37pm
Website is now refreshed with download link on home page.
Sarah Sewell View Drop Down
Rank 1
Rank 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2009 at 10:42am
Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback on the next version.

Please could I submit the following:

• Please can existing category numbers remain the same and new numbers be created for additions.
  • Information Communication Technology - Please add Leasing at Level 2
  • Vehicle Management - I see no category that would fit hiring of vehicles, could you suggest an existing category or please create a new one at Level 2.
  • Social Community Care Supplies & Services – Adult - Please add Mental Health Services at Level 3
  • Social Community Care Supplies & Services – Children - Please add Advice & Counselling Services at Level 3

pmannion View Drop Down
Rank 1
Rank 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2009 at 12:50pm
I'd ask that even in the case where a sub-category is 'deleted' from one main heading and another created under a new main heading the number stays the same. E.g. the new "Housing Management/Stock Management" category retains the number of the deleted "Consultancy/Housing/Stock Management" category. Primarily so that records in existing systems are not orphaned, and are easily re-categorised under the new heading.

Apologies if this was going to happen anyway, just wanted to make sure.
Jeff View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2009 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by pmannion

I'd ask that even in the case where a sub-category is 'deleted' from one main heading and another created under a new main heading the number stays the same. E.g. the new "Housing Management/Stock Management" category retains the number of the deleted "Consultancy/Housing/Stock Management" category. Primarily so that records in existing systems are not orphaned, and are easily re-categorised under the new heading.

Apologies if this was going to happen anyway, just wanted to make sure.

I'm fairly sure that's the case in the new numbered version, but will ask Terry to comment on this when he returns to the office tomorrow.
Chris Whiley View Drop Down
Rank 2
Rank 2

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2009 at 3:16pm
I would rather consultancy services were not absorbed within the more general descriptions.  Analysis of my current data returns shows these categories are widely used and for my part I think they should continue to be differentiated as more like each other than like the generic services. 

Also I suspect we are not the only local authority that wants to keep a close eye on consultancy costs and usage at present!
BharatB View Drop Down
Rank 1
Rank 1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2009 at 10:36am
Hi Jeff,

The Corporate Procurement Team at the London Borough of Enfield is allocating ProClass. There are a few areas where we need additions:

Sports Coaches
Room Hire

I understand that the deadline for amending the draft has gone but would be grateful for advice.

Many thanks
tkashmore View Drop Down
Rank 3
Rank 3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 11:43am
As most comments to do with numbering seem to want the number to stay the same even if the heading moves to a different top level, this is what we will do. If anyone objects to this or has a different view please let us know quickly. Once all the new or changed headings have been agreed we will issue the numbered version for comment too.
tkashmore View Drop Down
Rank 3
Rank 3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 2:20pm

We have looked into the request for 'Sports Coaches' and 'Room Hire'. We think that 'Room Hire' is a good additional heading and should be placed in 'Facilities & Management Services' as a second level heading. However with 'Sports Coach' which we assume is a person not a bus, we think that this is already covered adequately in 'Education' by either 'Adult & Further Education Services' or 'Children Services', depending on whether it is adult or children being coached. The reason for this is because if we added 'Coaching' as a second or third level heading we could be opening the doors to lots of other types of Coaching, which would take the number of headings to an unacceptable level.

A new draft version of ProClass will be issued very soon with this addition and a few other changes incorporated, for further comment.
tkashmore View Drop Down
Rank 3
Rank 3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 2:52pm

The reason that the number headings within the top level of 'Consultancy Services' has been reduced is because it was being over used and treated more as a miscellaneous dumping ground instead of the expenditure being classified to where it was spent . As an example – for some local authorities £ms of expenditure was being classified as 'Consultancy, Housing, Arms Length Management Organisations'. when it should really be have been classified as 'Housing Management, ‘Arms Length Management Organisations'.

Although it is important to be aware of how much expenditure is spent on consultancy this is not as important as classifying the spend under the correct area of expenditure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>